PDF Print

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

A laboratory of machine building and problems of agricultural mechanics was established with functions of institute in accordance with the resolution of Soviet of People's commissars of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (UkSSR) № 328 of March 9, 1945 and the resolution of Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of UkSSR № 5 of March 23, 1945 in a structure of separating of engineering science of Academy of Science. There were determined directions of research work: the solution of problems of agricultural machine building and tractor construction, the working out of theory of agricultural machines and technological processes of agricultural industry and the strength of structure, the working out of processes of gasification of farming. The department of high-strength cast irons from Institute of black metallurgy of the Academy of Sciences of USSR was passed on an authority of laboratory by resolution of Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of USSR dated May 5, 1945. In 1950 in accordance with the instruction of Council of Ministers of USSR №521-r of January 15, the resolution of Council of Ministers of UkSSR №221 of January, 31 and the resolution of Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of UkSSR of February, 10, 1950 the laboratory was reorganized to institute of machinery science and agricultural mechanics with next structure:

A department of agricultural machine building;
A department of theory of agricultural machines;
A tractor-energy department;
A technological department;
A department of construction strength of agricultural machines;
A department of designing of new machines;
A sector of an introduction
A library;
A maintenance department;
A scientific and experimental department.
The Institute of machine building and agricultural mechanics was transferred from a division of agricultural sciences to a division of technical sciences of the Academy of Sciences of UkSSR by resolution of Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of UkSSR of March 23, 1953. In 1958 the institute reorganized to a foundry institute. The orientation of research works is a working out and an introduction of new progressive technological processes in production, an inculcation of comprehensive mechanization and an automation of main processes of foundry and a use of new molding materials. In the institute a laboratory of fatigue materials was organized on base of laboratory of department of strength by resolution of Presidium of October 10, 1958. In 1959 two laboratories were organized: by use of radioactive isotopes and by use of bentonites in foundry. The institute was set leading in the area of foundry and production of wares from stone casting by resolution of Council of Ministers of UkSSR №740 of May 18 and №1858 of November 17, 1960. A department of core-mold casting and a laboratory of radioactive investigations of casting were organized for decision of complex sciences tasks in the area of foundry by resolution of Presidium of AS UkSSR (Protocol №39) of August 11, 1961. In accordance with the instruction of Council of Ministers of UkSSR №1186-r of September 21, 1958, resolution of Council of Ministers of UkSSR №740 of May 18, 1960 and resolution of Presidium of AS UkSSR there were defined main directions of subsequent scientific work of institute:

A working out scientific principles of foundry: a theory of crystallization of poured alloys, a creation and a development new poured alloys, a working out scientific bases of new technological processes design in foundry and manufacture moulds, a study of properties of poured alloys and molding materials;
A working out scientific principles of complex automation and mechanization of melting unit, a theoretical elaboration in the field of automation of batching and spillage of liquid metal, a creation of complex automation and mechanization of processes of making of mold, a creation of particularized computer apparatuses for guidance of casting technological processes;
A working out and an introduction new source casting materials and alloys, complex mechanization and automation of processes of foundry. In this connection there was maintained next structure of the institute:
A department of cast-iron founding;
A department of steel casting;
A department of molding materials;
A department of automation and mechanization of casting processes;
A department of stone casting;
A department of physical metallurgy and thermal treatment;
A laboratory of precision casting;
A laboratory of radioactive research of casting.
In 1963 a department of stone casting was reformed to a laboratory of crystallisation and forming of goods from oxide melts. There was determined scientific profile of the institute by resolution of Presidium of AS of UkSSR of September 5,1963: research theoretical bases of forming solid from smelts, processes of crystallization, modification and alloying of poured alloys, a creation new technological processes of castings of ferrous, non-ferrous and less-common metals and their alloys, a working out particularized computer machines for automatic control of casting processes. According to resolution of the Presidium of AS of UkSSR of October 3, 1963 there was determined next structure of the institute:

A department of modification of alloys;
A department of alloying and structural transformation;
A department of processes of melting of alloys and forming of ingots;
A department of new methods of casting;
A department of physical-chemical mechanics of poured materials;
A department of physics-chemistry of molding materials;
A department of hydrodynamics of forming of steel casting;
A department of automation of casting processes;
A laboratory of crystallization and forming of articles from oxide melt;
A laboratory of crystallization of metals and alloys.
In accordance with the resolution of Council of Ministers of UkSSR №1408 of Desember 28, 1963 and the resolution of the Presidium of AS of UkSSR №4 of January 15, 1964 the institute of foundry was reorganized to the Institute of problems of founding of AS of UkSSR. In 1965 there were created departments of technology of casting and technical and economical researches, coordination and information; a department of hydrodynamics and forming was reorganized to a department of magnetic hydrodynamics, and departments of processes of melting of alloys and forming of ingots were consolidated to a department of casting of steel. The Institute of problems of founding was renamed to the Physics-technological institute of metals and alloys in accordance with the resolution of Presidium of NAS of Ukraine of February 9, 1996. The main scientific direction of work of the Institute is a research of hydrodynamic, heat-mass exchanging and crystallization processes during preparation, treatment and hardening of alloys with use physical and chemical influences and creation of technological bases for receiving of new materials and making of high-performance metal production. In the present time the structure of the Institute includes:

< Prev   Next >

 
 
Language
EnglishRussianUkraine